Today we witness the expansion of heating, ventilation and air conditioning appliances in houses, commercial facilities and industrial buildings. Wi-Fi technology and the various mobile applications are incorporated into some of the newest HVAC appliances.
Along with the new, improved and upgraded machines and systems comes the need to as well upgrade the knowledge related to the HVAC technology.
Best Rated HVAC Schools in Louisiana:
- Earn Your Degree at Fortis College. Flexible Scheduling. Apply Now!
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Diploma
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- And more...
- Heating and Air Conditioning
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- HVAC-R - Diploma
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- HVAC Technician - Diploma
How Can the HVAC Technicians Upgrade Their Knowledge?
As we’ve already said, the new HVAC appliances are improved and some are even computerized. The thermostats are programmable, adjustable so the home owner or, for an example, a factory owner can change the air and water flow from another part of the city or even from another country.
HVAC technicians should always keep up with the new technology, the innovations in the world of computers. Since the innovative thermostats are computerized, technicians should work on developing their troubleshooting skills. In other words – be a computer literate.
They should also be able to adapt their skills and knowledge. Being adaptable to the changes in HVAC technology is crucial if one wants to stay in the business. The technicians may already have the mechanical skills, but since the technology keeps advancing, they may have to improve their skills in order to be able to follow technologies of the 21st century.
Also, with the climate changes in the past decades, the HVAC jobs’ growth has changed.
Where Can You Educate Yourself in HVAC Technology?
If you are either an expert in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration techniques or a newbie, there are schools where you can both refresh and gain new knowledge in this industry. Here is a list of colleges where you can educate yourself:
- Baton Rouge Community College focuses on domestic, residential and commercial heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Graduates will be high skilled professionals that will be able to meet the needs of this industry’s high demands.
- Nunez Community College offers The Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning program that includes lectures in theory related to HVAC and hands-on experience. After mastering the relevant skills, students will be able to work in sale, marketing and also work as supervisors.
- Caddo Career & Technology Center teaches in air conditioning and refrigeration by providing students with the practical experience. Students will learn how to use the equipment and tools in a provided laboratory.
- Delgado Community College trains students in lab environment to prepare them for a successful HVAC/R career. Upon graduation, the students will be able to start their own business. If a student already has a degree in HVAC, there is the Master HVAC/R Technician program that offers the advanced studying in heating and cooling technology.
To summarize: whether you are a HVAC professional already or an individual that has just started learning about this industry, the mentioned programs can cover your needs.
Customer relations, innovative equipment and tools as well as appliances and other are a part of the programs, so gather relevant information and sign up for one of coursework and continue educating yourself in HVACR.