Kansas temperatures can be high during summer days. In some parts of Kansas temperatures can go between 107 °F and 114 °F (42–46 °C). In these weather conditions it is important to have an air conditioning appliance or a fan. The mentioned devices are used to cool the air within the room and make it more comfortable.
How Can You Gain the Knowledge in Maintaining the Air Conditioning System?
Indoor air quality can be improved by installing an air conditioning system that removes humidity and heat and cools the air in order to provide a temperature comfort.
There is a two days TPC Trainco’s seminar for those who want to educate themselves in operations related to HVAC appliances such as maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting. It is also suitable for those that want to be able to service their own air conditioning system. The instructors are HVAC professionals and they offer practical knowledge.
The students will learn how to safely maintain both the cooling and refrigeration systems, how to make the HVAC appliances energy efficient and also how to use equipment and tools. And those that want to pursue a career in heating and air conditioning can test themselves for the EPA 608 Technical Certificate or ATMT Certificate, but it is not mandatory.
Top Rated HVAC Schools in Kansas:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Land Management (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Land Management (Certificate) - Online
What are the Programs in HVAC Technology offered on Colleges in Kansas?
Since median annual salary in Kansas is around $35,000 (the annual income is $34,000 for those that have decided to work as temperature control technicians), some may want to pursue a career in HVAC.
Besides the mentioned TPC Trainco’s training program, there are some offered on colleges and universities in Kansas. Although the length of the programs may vary, some can be completed within a year.
- Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center offers the evening program for HVAC/R. Upon obtaining the Associate of Applied Science degree, graduates will have the practical knowledge in building, design, electricity, light commercial systems as well as troubleshooting of the HVAC units.
- Pinnacle Career Institute’s program in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning can be attended either on-campus in North Kansas City or online. Skills and knowledge that can be developed by enrolling into this program are mechanical skills, problem solving skills, air flow principles, heating and cooling systems etc. The Institute provides the hands-on learning that will prepare students for the exams such as the EPA 608 or North American Technician Excellence Core Exam.
- Rolla Technical Institute has a program that includes both theoretical and practical knowledge. The laboratory experience provides training in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining the HVAC/R systems. The students will get the additional training provided by the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (or abbreviated RSES). Some of the courses students will attend are related to thermodynamics, safety, piping, and energy conservation.
As we have already said, Kansas has a high temperature in the summer days, so the demand for the technicians in heating and cooling systems grows rapidly especially in the health care institutions where it’s essential to maintain the healthy and comfortable air quality for the patients. You should consider obtaining a degree in HVAC if you are still in search of a prospective career path.