The professionals in HVAC technology will always be able to find a job since systems for cooling and heating can be found inside of almost every facility whether it is a commercial or residential one.
In order to be excellent in installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning appliances, one should first acquire education in this industry.
How Can You Pursue a Career in HVAC Technology?
The first step to becoming a HVAC technician is to obtain the required education. Besides colleges that offer HVAC programs on-campus, there are schools that provide online studying to those that are either working students or just busy with other obligations.
Top Rated HVAC Schools in Georgia:
- Earn Your Degree at Fortis College. Flexible Scheduling. Apply Now!
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Diploma
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- And more...
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- Vocational and Trade Associate's Degree
- Vocational and Trade Bachelor's Degree
- Vocational and Trade Certificate
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
We’ve listed two schools that offer online studying for students from Georgia:
- Pinnacle Career Institute offers online program for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning technician. The only thing you need is the internet access so you can attend online lectures. The Institute also prepares students for the final EPA exams and they can participate in externship in order to gain expertise in HVAC industry.
- Penn Foster Career School provides online classrooms for students. That means that you can gain relevant knowledge from the comfort of your home and whenever you want. By learning from the professionals, you will develop skills needed for a success in installation, maintenance and repairing the HVAC/R systems.
In-class studying can be easily replaced by online classrooms, but when choosing between on-campus and online education, you should think about hands-on training that is usually offered by traditional education. Also, some colleges offer both part-time and full-time studying.
Either way, obtaining a diploma in this field should be the first step to becoming a HVAC technician.
Where Can a HVAC Technician Work?
There are various facilities that need the assistance of a HVAC technician. We can divide the facilities into three categories:
- Residential – The residential facilities include buildings with apartments, family houses and other. A technician that specializes in residential HVAC can install heating and air conditioning systems in people’s homes. Both quality air flow and temperature comfort of a home can be provided by distributing HVAC system to every room in a residential facility. The HVAC professionals also have knowledge about gas systems, boilers and other appliances used in houses.
- Industrial – Since industrial buildings are usually large, the HVAC mechanics install and maintain the systems that are specially designed to reduce the cost of different operational processes. When HVAC technicians are hired, the life of the cooling and heating systems can be extended. They are responsible for the plumbing, construction, indoor air quality and other.
- Commercial – The commercial HVAC systems are used in business buildings. Systems used for commercial industry are somewhat different that those used in people’s homes. These heating, refrigeration and air conditioning systems are used in restaurants, medical institutions, schools. There are various gas or electric pumps that can heat large commercial buildings. It is important to install and maintain ventilation system and it is crucial to hire technicians that can maintain it in order to lower the cost of the installed HVAC systems.
Georgia is a state that employs more HVAC technicians because of its warm climate, so if you are in a search of a good and permanent job, this one may suit you well.